Changing Broadband & Phone Provider

Discussion in 'Service Providers' started by Logo, 15 Jan 2019.

1. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

Last edited: 15 Jan 2019
    I switched providers in Dec. and spent some time doing homework to ensure a seamless switch with minimal cost. However I'm now billed by both companies for December. My current provider says it took over phone line in Dec but not BB. Total cost is approx €105 for the privilege. Great mark up for so called low cost providers.

2. dub_nerd

dub_nerd Frequent Poster

This sort of thing should be illegal. If the powers-that-be want to encourage switching and competition then a clean handover should be the responsibility of the providers. They should make it impossible for the hapless punter to get stuck in the middle. It's a huge discouragement to would-be switchers.

Logo and Dermot like this.
  3. Dermot

Dermot Frequent Poster

I switched providers last June or so from Vodafone to Eir. I am totally disatisfied with the reception of Eir. The hassle I had with Vodafone was unbelievable where they were insisting that I had a contract that I patently did not have. It was monthly paid by DD. Vodafone just made unreal excuses. It was a total nightmare. Getting connected up to Eir was not simple either. My needs are relatively simple phonewise. Surely it should be as simple as changing an electricity supplier. The mobile companies are abusing their position. There is an urgent need for Government to make it as simple as changing an Electricity supplier. This has been going on for years and nothing being done about it.

dub_nerd and odyssey06 like this.
  4. odyssey06

odyssey06 Frequent Poster

ComReg are a joke. Whatever money is being spent on it is not giving any value for money. Jobs for the boys.

5. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

Thanks. Think I'll just have to accept it for now. However I get the feeling that I will have to face something similar next year when I switch again. I would prefer to do something now to help others facing the same situation.

6. Keant1591

Keant1591 Frequent Poster

I’m currently out of contract with Vodafone (unlimited calls etc) for mobile and with Eir for landline and broadband. Eir tv not an option. I’d ideally like to have both with one provider.
    Any recommendations on best value or who to avoid.

7. Logo

Logo Frequent Poster

8. Dermot

Dermot Frequent Poster

Hi Logo. I agree that they are a necessary evil but so is electricity and it was made relatively simple to change so it can be done if the will is there to make it happen

Logo likes this.