Changing between Pension funds in Canada Life

F

fuzz

Hi all
I have my pension fund with CL and have the choice if I want to change free of charge between funds, and was thinking of changing it from the Setanta Group pension managed(1yr 9.26%) to the Pension property (1yr 26.36%) as this seems to be getting better returns. I am 43 yrs
I know property can go up and down but feel this may offer better return at present. Fund has property in central dublin etc
Has anyone got any advice on changing funds like this but staying with CL.
Any help /suggestions appreciated
Thanks in advance

Setanta say their pension fund is underperforming because they rotated out of equities too early in expectation of a correction given the large gains of the last couple of years. So if the property correction and equity correction comes you might regret that.

Part of my pension is in the setanta managed fund.

Why not put your pension fund split between the two - say 50% and 50%, there is no need to put all of your money into one or the other.

Are you happy with the returns in the Canada Life-Setanta-BIAM managed Funds. I believe over the last 5-7 years the return has been in the order of 2% p.a

Daddy, Canada Life and Setanta are the same thing.

There is no relationship between BIAM and Canada Life so they are not the same thing at all.

Canada Life/Setanta Managed Fund 10 year return is 7.9% p.a.

BIAM Managed Fund 10 year return is 9.6% p.a.

Dont know where the last poster got your info.

My current pension is a Canada Life / BIAM Pension Managed Fund.

Over eight years contributions totalling 32k.

Current value 35k.

Return as you see is pitiful.

I have another that's Canada Life / Setanta Managed.

Paid up since Jan 2000

Premiums paid € 8,000 (over a 10 year period on becoming paid up)

Current value € 12,000

Not great either.

Sounds like you are getting confused between insurance company and investment manager.

It is possible to invest in a BIAM Fund through Canada Life - but your money will then be managed by BIAM not by Canada Life.

Setanta is the investment management arm of Canada Life.

It also sounds like you are confusing investment performance with policy value - the policy value is after all commissions etc have been paid - you could have the best investment manager in the world but if you have a crap policy with crap commission, you will get a crap result.

Now your definitely confusing me. Par for the course with pensions.

One thing I'm sure of is that my pension has nothing to do with insurance policies and crap results therefrom.

My pension returns are crap full stop.

You clearly do not understand your pension at all if you thought that Canada Life and BIAM were the same company.

It means that Canada Life allow access to funds managed by Bank of Ireland Asset Management through their pension products - and this fund is invested by BIAM not by Can Life.

Back