Changing banks!

Dubwoman

there is probably not a lot in it between them, but I have been threatening to change bank for a long time. We are currently with bank of Ireland for current accounts /daily banking and our mortgage is with aib.
I find bank of Ireland very difficult especially since they pared the branches down to the shell where it is almost impossible to see a human there on the odd occasion you may need to. Also the current account fees are biting me so I am wondering if there are better options out there.

Are any of the other banks offering a better deal/cheaper fees etc. Is it even worth the hassle switching. Thanks

I have opted to open an N26 account and close my PTSB one.
But I'm wondering if there are any hidden charges or other catches in closing a current account? (Many years ago I closed an Ulster Bank account and was fleeced at the counter for the privilege.)

I have opted to open an N26 account and close my PTSB one.
But I'm wondering if there are any hidden charges or other catches in closing a current account? (Many years ago I closed an Ulster Bank account and was fleeced at the counter for the privilege.)
I closed a PTSB account about 18 months back. It was fairly painless. Took about 15 minutes in branch. And I didn't get charged anything for it.

Highly recommend KBC. Have been with them for past 2 years. Was a bit apprehensive as they don’t have a physical branch in most locations. They have ‘hub’ advice centres in main areas. But never an issue and they over compensate with the phone/ online services... plus some novel money back rewards. Well worth looking at...

Back