Changing Bank Provider

listen

We have been with PTSB for years. A few years ago we moved from the countryside to Dublin. 2 years ago I became self employed. We have asked over the years on numerous occasions 2 change our branch to Dublin but basically have been told it's too complicated and if we really wanted too it be easier open a new account. Problems over the years is on a few occasions have had to drive to branch which is 2 hours away to sign forms etc. last year they wouldn't entertain giving us a mortgage as I was self employed even though what we were looking for was less than 2 times our salaries. Recently we were going on holidays and I rang up and asked for credit card limit increase just in case we saw something we liked and wanted to buy as there are limits using visa debit card. I was told I would have to go to the branch. So I just didn't bother. Anyone else experiencing same issues with PTSB or any other bank? We are now thinking of moving banks but don't want A the hassle or B running into same issues. I recall that when I was with BOI years ago there was no issues moving branches.

Last edited:
Should be minimal hassle moving Bank or Branch.
AAM is full of (unco-operative) Bank issues and not just PTSB,do not feel lonely!
Suggest call into the handiest most local branch of any Bank, state your case and see what they can do .
If you find them to be good they can sort transfer of account etc.
IE: You should have minimal hassle .

Back