change in working arrangements

Just the One

For the past two years I have been starting work at 6.30am three days per week and 10am two days per week. This came about to facilitate family arrangements and childcare etc.

My employeer now say they have a problem with it and want to change it. As I have been doing this for two years, precedent has been set and I want to know if I have any rights with regard to this.

but can they change your working hours/conditions if nothing else in the company has changed and the work is still getting delivered on time.

but can they change your working hours/conditions if nothing else in the company has changed and the work is still getting delivered on time.

Unless your working hours a respecifically stated in your contract then as far as I'm aware, they can change the hours.

For the past two years I have been starting work at 6.30am three days per week and 10am two days per week. This came about to facilitate family arrangements and childcare etc.

My employeer now say they have a problem with it and want to change it. As I have been doing this for two years, precedent has been set and I want to know if I have any rights with regard to this.

I myself was in the same position a couple of years ago again to facilitate my family arrangements and childcare. My boss allowed me to work specific hours that suited me. However about six months ago (after 3yrs of the arrangement) he said it no longer suited for me to work these hours and if I could revert back to the original arrangement. The way I saw it was they had facilitated me for quite a long time and it was good while it lasted but at the end of the day I would never have presumed that I could have worked these hours forever. While legally I do not know if there is any obligation on the employer to stick with the new arrangement after having had it in place for such a long time, I certainly feel there has to be a certain amount of "give" as well as "take" when they have facilitated such arrangements. Anyway this just my take on it.

Back