Change in Voluntary Redundany Package

hand_m

The company I work for have had several Voluntary Redundancy programs in the past and paid 6 weeks per year of service with a cap of 2 years salary.
They have just initiated another program but this time the terms are 3 weeks per year with a cap at 1 year salary.
Is there anything we can do to challenge this reduction.? We do not have a union so are not organised.
If I accept the package and leave the company is there any way I can challenge the payment afterwards.? Possibly through the Employee appeals Tribunal on the basis of precedent or the fact that the company is very profitable.
The jobs are being moved offshore to the far east.

I wouldn't think so. Different rounds of redundancy, different packages. Sure didnt it happen with the likes of the bank where before the troubles they were offering sizably better packages than now.

why would you think you could accept it and then challenge it afterwards? If you have accepted the package to leave. You say its voluntary so you have a choice not to take it.

Unless you can get it negotiated upwards there is nothing you can do to challenge it. As said banks have done this and probably many other employers, some of the unions managed to improve slightly on subsequent deals but they were not as generous as original ones, different times!

Back