Change family policy

heavy18

hi there My health insurance is up for renewal shortly I have always been with VHI and at the moment myself 41 and 2 children 16m and 10 are under Family plan plus but I would like to add my husband 46 and get a better deal as I’m not sure if need that type of cover( renewal for 3 of us is coming in around the 2500 mark without husband) and would like to save a bit of money. My youngest is covered for GP now with the new scheme and would like to have option of a Galway clinic if needed it. I have always just played safe by sticking with VHI but my husband is out of work at the moment and need to save bit of money and I get completely lost with the different plans excesses etc Any advice greatly appreciated in advance My husband is still within the window for change He was with Irish life for 10 yrs and has not renewed his policy as wanted to do it as family

Hi heavy18,

Welcome to AAM. Child options;
The following plans are half price with VHI at the moment, including cover for Galway Clinic, worth considering.

1. Parents and Kids Excess; price 153pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess is 75 per admission to a
private or hi-tech hospital for a stay or for surgery. Day case excess is 75 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital.
No day to day cover for gp, consultant, dental etc on this plan.

2. One Plan Family; price 148pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private hospital excess 125 per admission or per day case
procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. No day to day cover on this plan for gp, consultant, dental etc.

3. Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 286pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private hospital excess 150 per admission or
50 excess per day case procedure. Good day to day cover on this plan - 50% refund for gp visits, consultant, dental etc.

[broken link removed]

Adult Options;

1. Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission
or 50 excess per day case procedure. Good day to day cover on this plan, 50% refund for gp visits, dental, consultant etc.

2. One Plan 250; price 931pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private hospital excess 250 x 2 max per year for all admissions and
150 excess per day case procedure.

3. One Plan 500; price 731pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private hospital excess 500 x 2 max per year for all admissions and
150 excess per day case procedure.

[broken link removed]

You can choose different plans for each person according to their medical needs or to make savings.
There are plenty of savings to be made based on the above options.

Regards, Snowyb

Many thanks Snowyb for taking the time to answer my query :) I find it all so mind boggling

Back