Chances of Job Offer? Placed on Panel - Dublin City Council

Lightbulbmoment

Hi All,

Today I received an e-mail informing me that I had been successful at interview and been placed on a panel - in the range of 10th - 15th place.

The role was for Assistant Engineer with Dublin City Council.

I asked a friend for advice and she said I would definitely get a job offer, it's just a matter of time. However from my own bit of research, I've now seen people state things like "You need to be the top 10 to stand any chance". The panel lasts one year.

I'd appreciate any advice on how good my chances might realistically be and to help understand the best way forward.

Your place on the panel is less relevant than the number of vacancies likely to arise over the lifetime of the panel. That said, the size of the panel is normally reflective of the number of vacancies available. If they only envisaged taking on one or two, they’re unlikely to create a panel of ten or more.

Ultimately, there’s no guarantee.

Also, you can periodically check how far into the panel they’ve reached. The speed they go through it will give you some indication of the likelihood of your place being reached within the year.

Hi All,

Today I received an e-mail informing me that I had been successful at interview and been placed on a panel - in the range of 10th - 15th place.

The role was for Assistant Engineer with Dublin City Council.

I asked a friend for advice and she said I would definitely get a job offer, it's just a matter of time. However from my own bit of research, I've now seen people state things like "You need to be the top 10 to stand any chance". The panel lasts one year.

I'd appreciate any advice on how good my chances might realistically be and to help understand the best way forward.
Hi, what qualification does one need to apply for Assistant Engineer with Council.? i am thinking of applying for same role in my local council as looking to get off shift work.
What is the pay like?
Thanks

Dublin City Council will be getting a lot of additional Engineer jobs funded by NTA this year, you shouldn't have a problem. They're likely to get around 30 jobs - variety of roles but some Assistant Engineer posts.

I've been placed on a few panels for DCC, SDCC and DLRCC in my time, in each case I didn't hear anything for months and months afterwards and by the time I was offered a position, my own career had moved on so that I wasn't interested in the switch anymore. It's luck of the draw how many positions there are but also what the appetite for those above you on the lists is for taking up a role, as the time drags on they may have moved already, got promoted etc

Hi, what qualification does one need to apply for Assistant Engineer with Council.? i am thinking of applying for same role in my local council as looking to get off shift work.
What is the pay like?
Thanks

Back