CGT return online

asdfg

Can I file a CGT return online using my account.
I sent a note to revenue advising of the sale of a property including purchase and sale less allowable expenses and paid the tax already. I just need to file the return
Revenue are saying I have to make a formcgt return by 31st Oct.
I assumed a letter to revenue explaining the above would suffice.

Last edited:
Can I file a CGT return online using my account.
I sent a note to revenue advising of the sale of a property including purchase and sale less allowable expenses and paid the tax already. I just need to file the return
Revenue are saying I have to make a formcgt return by 31st Oct.
I assumed a letter to revenue explaining the above would suffice.
No. You must file a CG1 unless if you're self-assessed, in which case you can instead by 15 November do a Form 11 including the Capital Gains Tax particulars.

I am retired so paying PAYE. I am currently on holiday until Nov 1.
I made a CGT return about 10 years ago by simply writing to revenue and this was accepted.
Appears things have changed.
Looks like I'll have to download and complete the form on my return to ireland and post same to them.
Can I scan the form and attach it to a document in myaccount
Would revenue accept this?

I am retired so paying PAYE. I am currently on holiday until Nov 1.
I made a CGT return about 10 years ago by simply writing to revenue and this was accepted.
Appears things have changed.
Looks like I'll have to download and complete the form on my return to ireland and post same to them.
Can I scan the form and attach it to a document in myaccount
Would revenue accept this?
You can scan and attach it via MyAccount

Hello,

If you have made a loss and do not have any other gain subject to CGT, do you still have to make a CGT return for that year?

Thanks,

techman.

Hello,

If you have made a loss and do not have any other gain subject to CGT, do you still have to make a CGT return for that year?

Thanks,

techman.
You might not have any chargeable gains in the same tax year you have made a loss. In this case, you will not have to include the loss in a return for that tax year.

Back