Central Vacuum or not?

S

starburst

Hey Guys - just in the middle of getting plans sorted for my house and was said to think about a central vac system - anyone know anything about these?? All opinion and suggestions would be great!! Ta x:)

Loads of discussions here on AAM before if you do a search. Best think that we ever put into our house - 9 years old now and never a problem. Vacuflo is the brand that we have.

Have ours six months and love it. Our collector things is in our "plant room" (where we have the hot water cyclinder and heating controls etc) and we also put an outlet there which is so handy for hoovering the car

+1 on the hoovering the car bit !! Great power compared to ordinary hoover.

Get the vacuum inlet in the kick piece of your kitchen, and you can kiss goodbye to dustpan's too - for that reason alone, I think it's worth it !!

Only thing to think about.......I think the hose on ours is too long, and it can be a bit of a pain to put away, so maybe a point or two more, and shorter hose would be something to think about. We got ours from BEAM in Co Galway.

Yeah, go for more points and a shorter hose. It'll make your life a bit easier. Best gadget in my house. Deffo worth the money. Vacuflo, about 2 years no problem except initially when a guy putting down floor leveller let it get into the pipe in the kitchen. That was one hell of a job to clear so make sure you keep all the ope's covered during construction.

Anyone know how to stop kids putting toy cars and plastic soldiers into the inlet pipes. They go through but make one hell of a racket when you switch on. I often thought a removable filter at each inlet pipe might be a good idea and I'm not sure if any systems come with that facility.

thanks for the tips and advice - having a wee noisy about - came across a few website - Beam are running a competition for a free system may as well have a try at it!!
Child locks for the kids re: toy soldiers? hehe :)

Back