Central heating

C

colly2009

Hi Guys,

1st time poster,long time reader of AAM.Story is just finished new build and am having trouble with heating/hotwater/bolier. I have combination of underfloor heating & rads and hotwater tank all running from boiler. When I turn on all 3,the bolier kicks in and I can feel the flow in getting hot but it all goes to the underfloor heating and I get no hotwater in tank or radiators,this also happens on all combinations eg,water only,rads only. There is a switch which I presume kicks on a pump for the underflow, proveously if i didnt switch that on and got hotwater into tank and rads, now if I dont switch that on I get nothing and the bolier doesnt seem to kick in. Slighly confusing,any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Not being smart, but contact your plumbing contractor and he will advise you on how to operate /control your heating system. Some systems can be difficult to understand, especially for the householder. Your system may need balancing or control valves/thermostats may not be functioning properly.

Sounds like a possible control issue (maybe motor valves etc) best get the installer out

well, I got the sparky in to have a look and the 3 control valves seem to be operating and each individually kicks in the boiler which you would expect,so now with that out of the way i presume its a plumbing issue rather than an electrical one. When I turn on the control valves for the water and radiators I can feel the flow pipe getting hot but the heat/hot water still goes to the underfloor (have a type of T junction at the top of flow pipe,one way goes to underfloor,other way goes to rads and hotwater tank) and doesnt run along the pipe that would bring it to the rads or hot water tank. Now without the underfloor control valve off the floor doesnt war up which I would expect. Any ideas guys, is it a thermostat issue,air lock????At least I'm learning how the system works

Thanks in advance

Back