Central Credit Register (CCR)

Well, the bursting of the credit bubble decimated household balance sheets,

Well my balance sheet certainly took a severe dent, though it has recovered somewhat since. I continued to live in a nice new house. That was the situation for many others. Not many people actually lost their homes.

That seems preferable than the situation faced by young families now. A lack of houses.

ultimately bankrupted the State

Thats simply untrue.

gave rise to years of hardship and austerity for large swathes of our population.

Certainly for those that lost their jobs, but that wasn't large swathes of the population. Most people many have had a knock to their disposable income, but hardly years of hardship and austerity.

I think the IMF had to bail us out, therefore we were a bankrupt State.

Creamegg, think you are living in your own little bubble, many people are still trying to move on from the "lost decade" and rebuild their lives.

I don't think there is any real point in dragging this thread any further off topic...

However, for what it's worth, I strongly disagree that our policies shouldn't be laser focused on doing everything humanly possible to avoid a repeat of the economic devastation caused by the last credit bubble/bust.

Although, as an aside, I am delighted to hear that the House of Cremeegg wasn't too badly affected by the unpleasantness!;)

Has this new credit register started working yet ?
Is it replacing the ICB ?
Or will there be 2 systems operating in tandem ?
When can I get a free credit report from the Central Credit Register ?

The ICB is the credit register for the moment as the CCR is only getting populated by lenders and banks in 2018.

Back