Central Bank Tracker Review

Please do let us know the outcome of your case with the FSO.

Exactly.
Well in my opinion it does because 5.5% represented the tracker variable rate in the rates box on offer letter but BOI just have variable rate of 5.5% below box as what we would default to if we didn't select a rate ourselves.

FSO has asked everyone if they will put cases on hold till outcome of central bank review so will drag on till probably end of next year joke.

I vastly underestimated

Not saying these are permanent employees because as stated above they're not

But estimates by Charlie Weston show the number employed to be over 1000 across all the banks.

Anyone care to guesstimate what that costs per year?

And then apply for say 5 years?

How much does it cost to employ 1000 for a few years?

No idea?

Is it included in the provisions made by the banks

The point being where should the money be spent?

Helping out borrowers

Or continuing to shore up the defence of the bankers

The silence if deafening, anyone know when the central bank are due to report on the tracker review, seems to be taking forever.

Usually when they say July.

They mean end of July.

But that's just the next update.

Ultimately they have until sometime next year.

It's very stressful.

The Central Bank has stated that it will give a further update on progress at the end of this month (July) but the review process is not expected to be finalised until some time in 2017.

An update in July, the bank's own reports for the work they are doing at the moment, seeing what customers are involved, is due to the Central Bank on Sept 30th. If you ask the bank, the say no timescale and Ulster Bank's letter in June said an update every 60 days which, to me, indicates it is going to go on for sometime.

To that end, look at ptsb, nearly a year there at this stage, and from what I understand, far from sorted.

@rodger absolutely, extremely stressful.

Back