Central Bank to issue an update on Tracker Review in November

According to their website, next update before end of year, so probably another few months before we hear anything.

Hi all, I had a further meeting yesterday with the Central Bank and they will be issuing a further update in November and much like my last post there is progress being made but it is frustratingly slow. This is not the fault of the Central Bank but more to do with the size of the issue and the mess that existed in each lender. This may well have been as much to do with their administration and documentation back up as much as anything. I updated the Central Bank on my views of where each lender is from cases I am dealing with and the concerns I hold with each.
When the process comes to completion stage I hope that the work I have done will begin to show. I share your frustrations at present as I have always believed it was and should have been alot more simple that it has been made. Banks may believe that will suit them but you can be assured each matter I am bringing to the Central Bank across all lenders is being looked at, whether the lenders like it or not. Padraic

It is extremely hard for customers to gauge what stage the banks are at without a published terms of reference, or timeframe. I appreciate your update Padraic but you seem about as much in the dark as the rest of us are.

This far the Central Bank has insisted that the review has to be completed by year end 2017. I would put money on the Central Bank's update in November (or early 2017) moving these goal posts beyond December 2017.

On the one hand it's amazing how little transparency there is from the banks, and from the Central Bank, as to how this investigation is actually progressing. On the other hand 'plus ca change'...

AIB seems to be in the lead in terms of declaring mistakes and announcing 3000 customers to be restored.

But even using AIB as an example, how many of the 3000 have been restored?

It seems reasonable to ask Aib to give some updates on their progress.

As for BOI I haven't heard anything since getting a letter from them in Castleisland. Co. Kerry about 6 months ago!

Frame that letter from Bank of Ireland, it's more than most of us have received!!!
AIB seems to be in the lead in terms of declaring mistakes and announcing 3000 customers to be restored.

As for BOI I haven't heard anything since getting a letter from them in Castleisland. Co. Kerry about 6 months ago!

What was in the letter, they confirmed over the phone that mine is being review, but no letter.

Just to confirm I was part of the review

Nothing since from BOI

Aib on the other hand send a letter each month saying they will have an update in a month's time. Not great but at least shows they are not forgetting.

Is it just me that feels like salt in the wounds!? The money these banks have paid out to companies overseeing their mistakes and lawyers looking for loopholes they could've used to fairly restore us "victims" and compensate appropriately!

Back