Central Bank has issued its latest update

JUst to illustrate how bad the banks STILL are -and how there is no real change and it would seem no real pressure on them to change ( which is the most worrying )- eeven now as they claim they are sorry and wish to do better - i just heard that a couple with ebs who had stated on their contract that they would revert to a tracker after a 1 year fixed - the contact clearly state ECB + XX% - they were only informed 6 weeks ago that they were deemed impacted ??
6 weeks ago is insane?

Snap. EBS too and only impacted 6 weeks ago.

My account was only reviewed after I requested it in June. The examination had been ongoing for over 2 years at that stage.

You know I stronly urge people to get in touch with their tds, councillors and the CBI- the banks are having a laugh here - and they are getting away with it - if people don't start making real noise about how the banks are not in fact seriously about sorting out ALL the people that should have trackers .... they will get away with it - they are getting away with it

In April of last year, the CB gave a much more detailed breakdown of affected customers. I wonder why they gave such a vague update now.

When they outline impacted vs verified customers I wonder what they really mean by this. Is it that their crony accounting firms have verified that

A) A customer should or shouldn't be deemed impacted & compensated.

B) The accounting firm agrees with the bank on how much should be compensated to the affected customer.

What is the Central Bank actually regulating here?

Back