Census 2022 - Out of country on night 3rd April?

asdfg

I will be out of the country on census night April 3. Do I have to complete the census form

Yes. Read the form when you get it. There’s is a ton of other info that is asked for in the form other than where you will be on Census Night.

Just heard the head of census Eileen Murphy on newstalk at lunchtime today. According to her I do not have to complete the census. I will be asked a few basic questions by the census numerator.

Just heard the head of census Eileen Murphy on newstalk at lunchtime today. According to her I do not have to complete the census. I will be asked a few basic questions by the census numerator.
That doesn't sound right. Have you received your form yet?

There's a section for all those who usually live in the house but aren't there on census night. Sounds like you fall into that category.

For the last 3 years I do 6 months in ireland and 6 months abroad. I will be doing this for the foreseeable future. I am currently on my 6 months abroad so won't get the form until I return. Not sure where that leaves me.

Would have been helpful if you'd stated that at the start - there is no obligation on you to fill in the form so.

Back