Cement - paint damage

wonko

Hi folks,

Wonder can anyone help me. Bought a car last week which I parked outside my house in a quiet cul-de-sac in a quiet estate.

Got home from work yesterday to find that one side of my car had been covered in cement. Absolutely desytroyed.

Got to work with hot water in the lashing rain last night and with loads of elbow gease got all the loose cement and large concretions off.

But no matter what I do one the car is now covered, in a white chalky residue which seems to have fused with the paint. On a red car as you can imagine it looks horrific.

I'm absolutely sick about it.

Is there anyone out there at all who might have any ideas on how to improve matters.

Find out who was working on the road for starters, that shouldn't be too difficult! Photograph the car (should have done this last night) and hold them responsable for the damage caused!

Similar problem happened to my other half. He parked his new car in work (construction site car park) and came back to find car covered in specks of it. Had to leave it in to be cleaned/buffed in garage as the cement had burnt into the paint and windscreen. Luckly it was brand new so that garage did it as a favour as he felt sorry for us!

There is no roadworks, building that I can see near us, no other marks anywhere. Unless a truck came in and turned at the end of the road beside my car.

This is far more than specks now, this is the whole side and half the roof of the car covered

Back