cellulose based paint for kitchen units

C

coolcat670

Can anyone give some recommendation on the type of paint required to spray paint the finished colour to new wooden kitchen units. We have been advised that a cellulose based paint is required with the sprayer to be used, but we are struggling to source a line of product that is available (e.g. Pat McDonnell paints have a choice of only 3 colours!) Any comment would be much appreciated

Yes, Morrells Woodfinishes.

They are an UK industrial supplier of wood coatings with a trade outlet in JFK Ind. Est. in Dublin. They have a full range of AC and pre cat lacquers in any colour. I'd say you need AC lacquers for a kitchen.

(AC lacquers are two part lacquers, add in a hardener before spraying, this 'drys' using chemical curing and solvent evaporation rather than just solvent evaporation, much more resistant to heat, water and alcohol etc)

Morrells can make the lacquers in any colour, they can match colours from Farrow and Ball, Crown, Dulux etc. They also do polyurethane coatings which are the very best (besides polyester based possibly, not sure) but a lot harder to use... only 30 mins 'pot life' rather than 30 hours for two part AC lacquers. You can also choose the sheen level in 10% steps from 0% (matt) to 100% (wet look high gloss) for all Morrells products. I recommend 20% to 40%. 5 or 25 liter tins only.

You aren't intending to spray the cabinets in their finished position are you? That may not be possible for safety reasons.

I should be able to get a number for a guy who spray paints for a living if you want, he works for a kitchen company but does nixers.

You should consider hand painting as well, especially if the cabinets are already installed...

Cheers
Joe

Hi,

I need a similar job done and am looking for someone to do it for me. If you ahve a contact and can pass it on, it wuld be great.
Many thanks.

Hi,

I need a similar job done and am looking for someone to do it for me. If you ahve a contact and can pass it on, it wuld be great.
Many thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Coolcat hasn't been around since 1st January, 08 so you may not get a reply soon.

previous threads might give some advice although may not have a recommendation.

Hi hildab,

There is a guy called Jim Hannigan who spray paints for a living I would have no trouble recommending him to you.

Jim did some work for me on a few occasions last year, antique chairs and some cabinet doors.

Fantastic work quality, and even better service.

Back