Cedars- Swords

fr2006

I am thinking about putting down a deposit for a 2 bed apartment in Cedars in swords. I was wondering if anyone had any feelings on this development or the area.

Just rang Morton & Flanagan to enquire. Apparently, they are all sold out and they are taking names for cancellations. People queued overnight and they sold on the morning of the release! They had 15 one beds from 259, 44 two beds from 310, and 15 three beds from 350 - all gone - mad!! I am the look out for a house in Swords but seriously think I'll have to start looking at apartments (not that there is anything wrong with apartments!) It's gone crazy in Swords.
With regard to the Cedars, I think that is a really really nice phase of Ridgewood. I was always fond of Ridgewood, but think the Cedars is looking really nice. I took a drive through the other morning and it has a real nice feel about it. I went after one or two three bed semis there but they went out of my reach at the time. There seems to be some detached houses too. They were probably crazy money, were they?

fr2006 said:
I am thinking about putting down a deposit for a 2 bed apartment in Cedars in swords. I was wondering if anyone had any feelings on this development or the area.

Dont think there's many people from Swords posting on this site!

Anyway, i put booking deposit down on one yesterday. think they sold out in about 30 mins. gorgeous apartments. Got a 2 bed for 332k and its 985sq ft. they're absolutely huge, especially bedrooms. also have u/ground car park and lifts. They're also concrete built (1st time in Ridgewood) and not timber frame so noise from other neighbours shouldnt be an issue like on other apartments in the estate.

i live nearby at present and its a nice area, lovely layout to this particluar estate.

They're on view until Sunday anyway

Think apartments are on view

River said:
They're on view until Sunday anyway

Think apartments are on view

Just read that back and dont have a clue what i meant but think it was supposed to be "Think apartments are on view til Sunday"

I lived in the Oaks in Ridgewood for 2 years but sold last June. The main reason for selling was to move closer to the other halfs family. The house itself we really liked though. very well built. The location is grand and quiet. The transport links were not too great though as I worked in Town. I think though when they open up through into river Valley there is a bus planned to come through. The main thing I had an issue with was the management company, Smith Management. Bunch of crooks if you ask me. They were charging 40k for cutting the grass in the first year when there was only seed down. Also charged 1k for an emergency mobile phone but the one time I rang it I was told it was a weekend and to f**k of. Disgraceful behaviour. Hopefully a residents committee will be formed and force them out. I had started to get in touch with the local TDs to highlight it but dropped it when we moved.

Any information on the prices for the last phase of the cedars? Anyone buy up here in recent years that can comment on what the area is like?

Back