CE Scheme Qualification

quarterfloun

Hi,

I am employed. My wife was employed in the UK back in 2003. We moved to Ireland in 2005 (I am Irish returning, my wife is British).

There are some CE schemes my wife is suitably qualified but as she is not unemployed she can't get on the scheme.

We were told that if she was to transfer her stamps here that she would then be able to register for the CE scheme.. the citizen information looked at my wife as if she was from planet zarg....

Anybody got a clue in how to deal with this?

The first problem is, she wouldn't be entitled, as far as I know, to claim stamps in Ireland as she didn't contribute in Ireland. The second problem is if she stopped her payment from the UK and signed on for Jobseekers allowance in Ireland, she will be means tested and as you are employed her money could be cut considerably, if she got anything at all (that depends on your income). Third problem is stamps in this country are now only given for 9 months (I think) and you must be on a SW payment for at least a year to be eligible for CE Scheme. Hope this helps.

Back