CD player in 307

aoc

for no reason cd player has stopped working - it won't even eject the cd's that are in it? advices?????

Regularly happens to me, at least once a month, I have brought it back to the garage several times, they have replaced the unit a couple of times, but always the same problem and yet everytime I pull onto the forecourt the damn thing spits out the CD and works perfectly.

The only thing I will say is wait a while, eventually it will right itself (on one occasion this took over a week)

tried the getting someone to look at it... spit cd's out and worked fine for ages so i left it... now doing same thing again? do i need to replace whole thing? not even that i use it that much.. but just annoying me now!!

not sure to be honest, it was happening to mine so regularly that they changed the radio unit, but as they never saw it happen I think they did it more to humour me!
Like you I dont use it all that regularly but it is annoying, I have noticed that it usually happens when the car is warm or on a long journey but not sure if it is related

We have a laguna and the radio stops working when it is very cold. Has to be taken out and the power disconnected to reset it. Then reconnected and it works. Very strange behavious but supposedly some sort of thermal cutoff. Maybe if can be reset by pulling a fuse or disconnecting the radio.

mite try that... have the code so can get someone to do that for me... assuming as car is 6 yrs old...no point going to garage unless i want to shell out for a new one!! thanks!!

Back