CCR / ICB

Jimmy Smith

I currently have a balance of 5000 on my Aib credit card (limit 10000) - minimum payment is 3% of the balance - my next statement will be created on the 6th of June - on the 10th of June I will be able to clear the balance completely.

On the 30th of June the banks will start sending information to the new central credit register (CCR) system - will my initial CCR entry be for the outstanding amount on the statement date (June 6) or the outstanding amount on June 30?

I saw an example of a CCR (CRIF) report and it contains more historical data than the ICB report. The ICB report only contains information about the most recent credit card statement?

Thanks.

I believe it holds both current balance and previous balance,,, see below (from central bank)

The Central Credit Register will hold information about loans existing on 30 June 2017 and any new loans after that. From then, lenders will also send the Central Credit Register monthly updates on the status of loans. The type of credit information that the Central Credit Register will store includes the:
- amount of all loans; - type of each loan – such as credit card, mortgage, overdraft or personal loan;
- name of each lender; -outstanding balance; - number of overdue payments if any; and -date of next payment.

Back