Cathedral Quarter

T

the builder

Hi

I have recently being offer a site in CATHEDRAL QUARTER BELFAST.

I am looking for information on the area, are property values in this area rising or stagnant, or falling.

Is there a large amount of building going on and proposed in this area.

What type of property is attracting most attention residental or commercial.

Any advice on this area will appriciated

Best wishes.

with sterling at historic low against euro, not is a good time to look at the north.

cathedral quarter is a re-generation area in belfast, close to city centre and - though bare in mind that there has been a few pubs and clubs in this area lately so might need to be careful if a residential development.

Thanks rumblefish. Why do you say it is not a good time with sterling at a historic low against the euro. Isn't this a good time when you are puchasing in euro.

There has been a big increase in development in the city centre in the last couple of years. The Titanic quarter has a huge number of apartments being built. Rents in Belfast have been and still are low in comparison to the value of the property purchase price. The Cathedral quarter is being rejuvenated and there's a great buzz around Belfast these days. There is more life now in the city centre (especially at night) than there was a decade ago.
Although the euro value to sterling will make the purchase price cheaper than it was a year ago you need to remember that you'll be selling properties for less as well. If sterling falls further the value of your property falls too (not so important if you have a sterling mortgage but it does matter if you take out a euro mortgage to purchase).
Prices rose massively in Belfast over the last three years but have been pretty flat in a lot of areas in the last six months. Properties which were snapped up this time last year are now sticking. The area around Queens has always had a lot of student renters and therefore investors but the city centre is a completely different ball game to say the numbers looking to rent and therefore to invest than in Dublin city centre.
The price rises have pushed home ownership out of the reach of a lot of first time buyers in Belfast so more people are renting and buying apartments (rather than houses)than had to in the past.

Last edited:
[broken link removed]

Northern Ireland house prices fell by up to 5% in December according to 82% of chartered surveyors, it was revealed today.

Hi

We are looking at commercial property. I was in Belfast on Friday I could not belive the amount derlict buildings. We are looking at a building for Bar restraunt. We checked out a lot of bars most places we very busy midday and afternoon and restraunts were also busy. I was sold John Hewitt pub can turnover up 200k per week ????. We spoke to alot of estate agents about sites in and around this area very few for sale. Still researcing opportunities

Back