Cathedral Court, New Street, Dublin 8

N

Nobu

Greetings all,

Am considering purchasing in this development and would love any feed back re:the apartment themselves and indeed the area.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I think it's a great area. In the shadows of St. Patricks, 5 mins walk to Dame Street/Stephen's Green, all the amenities of the city centre.

The immediate locality has a sizeable residential population with a good mix of household types i.e. elderly people, young families, mature families, young professionals etc... (IMHO this is preferable to living in a community that is over-represented with one particular household type).

I've always found it to be a relatively safe area of the city too. There are no real congregation spots for the tortured teens (unlike the sprawling green areas of suburbia) and there is a large Garda Station nearby.

A mate bought a couple of years ago in New Street. Location-wise it's great; so if going out in town etc is your thing then you're sorted. It's South Inner City so bear that in mind too. He had more than a few "funny" stories to tell of goings on in the area, but bar his house being robbed , none which involved him getting caught up directly in anything.

Chekc out the threads on Cork St to get a flavour of people's opinions of the general area.

I know all the windows in the shops in the development were shot in with a pellet gun a few months back, I think the suspect lives in the council houses across the road. Be careful if the property you are buying faces on to Patrick Street! :D

I am interested in investing in this development for my daughter to share with some fellow students. Anone know what the likely rental for a two or three bedroom apartment here is?
Also, as I would prefer for her to live in a development that is mostly owner occupied can anyone tell me is this the case here?

Back