Castle Riada in Lucan

S

skeogh

Hi
Thinking of buying a house in the Castle Riada area in Lucan. Is is a nice area? It seems nice and quiet and very near shops, buses, schools etc.,

However, I have the impression that some people do not have a high opinion of the south Lucan parish... can anyone explain why this is?

Castle Riada is quite close to Foxborough and I have the impression that Foxborough is a bad area. Does anyone agree/disagree with this perception?

Castle Riada is close to the Ballyowen shopping centre and Penny Hill pub. I don't think it is in St Mary's parish for schools but there is an eduacte together and a brand new irish school very close.
It's not too far from Foxborough but not a million miles away either. I believe Foxborough is a bit run down these days.
Castle Riada is not a bad area and on a good bus route. However I would probably prefer something a bit closer to the village myself. Depends on what your budget is.

Castle Riada is fine. Quiet enough, have never heard of anti social problems. It is not that close to Foxborough for that to be an issue. I am not sure about the school but I believe the best schools are in St. Mary's parish. For example Esker Meadows across the road is in St. Marys parish.

Castle Riada is fine. Quiet enough, have never heard of anti social problems. It is not that close to Foxborough for that to be an issue. I am not sure about the school but I believe the best schools are in St. Mary's parish. For example Esker Meadows across the road is in St. Marys parish.

St. Thomas's and Scoil Aine (beside Superquinn) are fantastic primary schools extremely well run and very popular.

The Lucan Community College has an excellant reputation and from what I've seen so far(one of my children has just started) it is very professionly run with very dedicated staff. It acheives high leaving cert grades and it has a wide range of extra curriculum activities. The LCC is always heavily over subscribed so it can be very difficult to inrol.

Back