Cashing in life policy.

horse7

Advise please, my cousin,s surviving parent,his dad took out a life policy with Canada life and wants to cash it in. His dad is over 90 and not really mobile. He lives in about 100 Kms from Dublin now and if my cousin had to drive from Dublin to collect and bring him to the insurance office in Dublin and back(to sign documents) it would be over 400kms trip for him and a 200kms trip for his dad, which would be exhausting for him. Is there any other method his dad could use to make the process possible?

What do the insurance company suggest?

(I'd also wonder if cashing in a life policy at the age of 90 is financially sound, but that's not the question you asked)

you don't need to bring him to the office. Most insurers have forms that are completed and returned to the office.

As Ravima said, no journey required (and besides, they wouldn't see you during Covid). There is a form to be completed, submit it with id and bank details. You can email it all to the life company. The value of the policy will be transferred to his account electronically.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back