Cashback or Lower Rate?

Ferguson111

Hi there,

Currently have a mortgage with PTSB of 210k at 2.95% and got the cashback with them recently. My LTV is under 60% so I'm thinking of going with Avant 3 year at 1.95%.

The other option would be to change every few months and try and claim as much cashback as possible? Any recommendations welcome!

Thanks.

if you have the appetite for it and if you feel that's worth your time switching then do so. See below for approximate breakdowns.

If you change to BOI or EBS, you will net €2500 say for the switch but your repayments will remain constant each month.
If you change to AIB or Haven, you will net €500 say for the switch but your repayments will come down about €75 a month.
If you change to Avant, you will be out of pocket about €1500 but your repayment will come down about €100 a month.

Thanks for this. Would these all be possible on variable rates? (aside from Avant which is 3 yr fixed at 1.95%)

Variable rates, no.

BOI and EBS is 2.90% fixed.
AIB green rate is 2.15% five year fixed.
Haven is 2.00% three year fixed.
Avant is 1.95% fixed.

Hi there,

Currently have a mortgage with PTSB of 210k at 2.95% and got the cashback with them recently. My LTV is under 60% so I'm thinking of going with Avant 3 year at 1.95%.

The other option would be to change every few months and try and claim as much cashback as possible? Any recommendations welcome!

Thanks.
One factor to consider is how low Avant will have its fixed rates available at 1.95%. I’m looking at inflation and the potential for interest rates to rise and am currently fixing with Avant at 1.95% for 7 years.

Back