Cash to US cheque - to Euro or sterling?

Deirdra

I hate to ask such a dumb question :eek:

I can lodge a US dollar cheque to either a Euro account in Ireland or a Sterling in UK - which gives me the best value? :cool:

That all depends Dougal.

String comes in a variety of lengths. You need to do a direct comparison of the attributes of specific pieces to answer the questions, "How long is a piece of string?" or even "Which piece is longest?"

Which bank offers the best rate and the least commissions & charges on the day?

HTH, Your Friend, Fr. Ted Crilly.

Dear Fr Ted,

I will buy the string later today and carry out suggested experiments.

Love from Dougal.:cool:

Really, my stomach is beginning to feel a bit knotted with the ropey responses.

If it's the rates you are after - Then roughly - 100 dollars will get you about 65 Pounds or about 73 Euro - the exact figure will depend on bank charges/ commission for the conversion. (As it happens 65 pounds is worth about 73 euro too)
If the cheque it is a small amount - it probably isn't worth worrying about - just put it wherever you want to use it. If it is a large amount (over several hundred) - it could be worth checking first with each of your banks what you will get after all charges have been applied.

irishlinks - thank you kindly - that's just what I wanted to know. Much appreciated!

If it's the rates you are after - Then roughly - 100 dollars will get you about 65 Pounds or about 73 Euro - the exact figure will depend on bank charges/ commission for the conversion. (As it happens 65 pounds is worth about 73 euro too)
If the cheque it is a small amount - it probably isn't worth worrying about - just put it wherever you want to use it. If it is a large amount (over several hundred) - it could be worth checking first with each of your banks what you will get after all charges have been applied.

Thats what I was gonna say but I didnt want to string you along!

Back