Cash as a wedding gift

bob_bob

Whats a normal amount to give as a cash gift to a friend on their wedding day? Is 100euro still considered ok? 150euro for a couple? Haven't been to a wedding since the end of the recession and wondering if that has changed things?

i gave my nephew 100e there when he got married last week.. its what you can afford and the thought that counts

Got married in May-Didnt get many €100 or €150. But then again I always gave €200(for couple) if I knew them and €250 if very friendly. Aunts and uncles gave more except in one or two cases!!

Hi,

Usually, I found:
- Close friend & you are going to the event - €150 to 200
- Not too close a friend : €100 - €150

but it is up to what you can afford ... the cost of attending a wedding can leave your wallet much lighter...

We give 200euro as a couple to friends, 150euro if bringing a friend and my OH cant make it (rare!) and 100euro if going on our own. Plenty as gifts and very generous I think. Enjoy the day, hope weather improves for it!...

I gave €75 at last wedding I attended as a single person. Coupled with the Bnb, travel to get there, suit and alcohol for the weekend it adds up to alot. €100 is fair amount to part with before you get a drop of beer/bite to ear!

DH and I gave 100e at the last few, which is plenty when you think of how much it costs to attend the wedding, hotels, clothes, drinks etc etc.

Thanks for all the replies guys, sounds like we are on track giving 150 then. My boyfriend is coming as a plus one and doesn't know the couple so I think thats fair.

We give €200 to friends and €150 to acquintances so I reckon you're spot on.

Back