Cars with no brake lights/one headlight

WhoAmI

I was behind a guy this evening on the way home who DEFINITELY had no brake lights. Really annoying, not to say dangerous. How do you draw the driver's attention to this? I was thinking of printing a sign onto an A4 page saying "YOUR BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING" in reverse lettering and holding it up when stopped. Any better ideas?

And another thing... why don't people notice that they have a headlight bulb blown? Is this not an offence under the Road Traffic Act?

Just letting off steam... :mad:

All very annoying, up there with the idiots that drive around with their front fog lights on when there's no fog.

(can of worms, what can of worms?)

I was behind a guy this evening on the way home who DEFINITELY had no brake lights. Really annoying, not to say dangerous. How do you draw the driver's attention to this? I was thinking of printing a sign onto an A4 page saying "YOUR BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING" in reverse lettering and holding it up when stopped. Any better ideas?

And another thing... why don't people notice that they have a headlight bulb blown? Is this not an offence under the Road Traffic Act?

Just letting off steam... :mad:

Speaking as someone who is currently driving around with one good, one rubbish headlight I think driving while writing a sign in reverse in the hope that the person in front of you will be able to read it in their rear view mirror ( yeah right) would be much more dangerous.

Speaking as someone who is currently driving around with one good, one rubbish headlight I think driving while writing a sign in reverse in the hope that the person in front of you will be able to read it in their rear view mirror ( yeah right) would be much more dangerous.

You're one to talk, posting on AAM while you drive!

LOL. I totally agree, and am ashamed of myself, however it is all relative and clearly OP is the boldest.

Tractors are the worst culprits. They can't dim their blinding central light and usually most of the bulk of the tractor is in darkness. Often you can tell what is it snailing up the road.

Do we even need farmers any more? - isn't most food imported?

What really annoys me is people driving on a wet/grey/dull day or early morning with parking lights on or worse no lights. do people realise they need to be seen. i always have my lights on (and no, i don't drive a Volvo). feel better now!

I don't like it when someone doesn't dip their lights when travelling behind you........as in, they could be 500mtrs away so they either don't realise or don't care that they are dazzling you.

Sometimes putting on the hazzards does the trick & they figure it.

I did say "holding it up when stopped" And anyway, get your bulb fixed!!! :p

Within the past two days I have seen two car drivers with absolutely no lights on at all in the hours of darkness on Church Street/Constitution Hill. Unbelievable!

I don't like it when someone doesn't dip their lights when travelling behind you........as in, they could be 500mtrs away so they either don't realise or don't care that they are dazzling you.

Sometimes putting on the hazzards does the trick & they figure it.

only some times, what about the idot that drive a couple of meter's behind you flashing their lights and beeping their horn, just because you are doing the speed limit and they what to break it.Joejoe

Don't get me started on the fog-lights!! Couldn't believe there last week and the week before when there was all the fog and there were plenty of people driving with no fog lights on at all. What is the confusion about fog lights?!?!?!? You turn them ON when theres fog and OFF when theres no fog! Oh wait sorry, its because these people thing the car looks good with them on isn't it, despite the the fact that they're more often than not badly adjusted or reflect back up off a wet road and blind on-coming drivers. So I guess you just turn them off then when its actually foggy because people won't be able to see how cool your car looks coz of all the fog!!

Don't get me started on the fog-lights!! Couldn't believe there last week and the week before when there was all the fog and there were plenty of people driving with no fog lights on at all. What is the confusion about fog lights?!?!?!? You turn them ON when theres fog and OFF when theres no fog! Oh wait sorry, its because these people thing the car looks good with them on isn't it, despite the the fact that they're more often than not badly adjusted or reflect back up off a wet road and blind on-coming drivers. So I guess you just turn them off then when its actually foggy because people won't be able to see how cool your car looks coz of all the fog!!

As I said don't mention the war ;)

On the autostrada in Italy last year saw quite a few truck drivers with their newspaper across the steering wheel as they were driving along. Now I didn't see anyone putting on mascara, well none of the guys anways.

Saw a Garda checkpoint last week - were checking insurance and tax, but didnt do anything about the idiots driving with broken brake & headlights or fog lights. This behaviour seems to be getting more and more common and I'm not surpised as the Gardai dont seem to care.

Back