Carry on bag for Ryanair - 55cm x 40cm x 20cm and weight to 10 kg.

Rujib

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best carry on bag for Ryanair, considering their latest limits in size and weight.
The restrict size to 55cm x 40cm x 20cm and weight to 10 kg.

I tarvel regularly on business with Ryanair, and I wondered if I could get my hands on a bag which is the MAX size allowable and is as light as possible.
Need to carry laptop and some papers plus a few articles of clothes to cover me for 3 to 4 days.
Seems every bag is see is either smaller or bigger than the allowable dimensions.
I want to get my hands on a bag which gets me as close as possible to the max allowed. Ideally it would be a roll on.

Appreciate and tips.

Thanks

Re: Carry on bag for Ryanair

I have an Antler carry on case that measures exactly 55x40x20 - I bought it a few years ago in an Arnotts sale long before the Ryanair restrictions so the exact dimensions were coincidental rather than intentional. In any event it is a pretty standard case, (no roolers) but amply holds emough kit and a laptop for a short trip. Antler have a wide range for the business traveller so I would suggest that that you see whats on offer in their current range in Arnotts or Clerys etc

I assume you are are aware of the current reduced carry-on limits (45cm x 35cm x 16cm) affecting everyone leaving a UK airport? Might want to bear this in mind if any of your Ryanair trips are via UK. I flew out of Stansted on Friday and security are enforcing these limits very strictly. I had a soft bag where the semi-rigid base was slightly too wide. With a bit of manouvering I was able to fold the base slightly inwards and fit it in the measuring gauge. I wouldn't have been able to do this with a rigid case. The bag also has external pockets which if populated are too wide for the gauge, but are perfect for carrying the water bottles and toiletries I purchased after passing the security check (after which no more measurements are made.).

onebag.com has some interesting thoughts on carry-ons in general, but the author is against wheeled bags (roll-on) as the frame and supports typically add 2kg, so he doesn't list any.

Couldn't reccommend this bag enough. Designed with airline dims in mind. Can be made smaller or bigger as required

[broken link removed]

Currenly in the Lowe Apline shop in Temble Bar, D2 for 125 euro.

Back