carrigmore--vs--the belfry

darranstore

I cant decide !!!!!
Im a first time buyer looking to buy a 2 bed apartment for in and around 317,500.... im from rathfarnham and it seems the only place a can afford to buy that isnt a million miles away is citywest, im not mad about citywest with its close proximity to some of the worse parts of tallagt but it will have to do as its all i can afford to spend. carrigmore cresent in behind the site of the new shopping centre actually looks liek a nice spot, the apartment are well laid out and not at a bad price tho id be concerned that there seems to be a hell of alot of them for sale!!!! i view an apartment there today which looks the business inside tho doest have an ensuite and is on the 3rd floor with neighbours to every side of you(asking 317000 and no less) i aslo view an apartment in the belfry hall which to my suprise was actually nice, smart home built in etc and no neighbours as it was on the top floor corner and its only conected to teh apt below it! main bedroom had an ensuite which the door of is sure to not be able to open as soon as u but a bed into the room ! (asking 315000 tho prob except 305000 or so)
What to do????
Carrigmore nice slight upmarket developement tho lots for sale and neighbours to all sides
befry hall, okish developement tho the estate is not finished well and looks a bit rough.
Any body able to help???????

I think a lot of people will take exception to you calling the Belfry "unfinished". Belfry Hall is still not built yet so of course it is not finished. Drive through the estate and you will see the rest of the estate is finished very nicely.
IMO would not like to live right beside a busy shopping centre. Imagine the noise when you are trying to sleep in at weekends :)
I hear stories about very bad traffic in mornings around carraigmore.
But its up to yourself at the end of the day which apartment you like best!

Ye i get you re the unfinished thing, its just with some developments as they are sold out im not sure wether they will go to any great lenghts to finish it to the same standerd of carrigmore. good point about that shopping centre id say it will be a nightmare to get out of every day as all the roads seem kinda one laned, cheers for the feed back

Cant comment on Carrigmore, I live in the Belfry and i love it.

I dont take exception to what you say in that it appears rough, there is a lot of passing traffic and lots of pedestrians....but it is a nice estate to live. I dont live in Belfry Hall, but i do live in a 2 bed duplex apt and i can definetly say its a nice place to live

Best of luck with your decison!

There was an article in last week's Tallaght Echo saying that Mansfield has started working on his own stretch of the LUAS line. It also said that he expects the Minister to making an announcement some time over the next couple of weeks. There is a proposed stop outside Carrigmore.

cheers for the fed back lads, no offence meant by saying the belfry looked rough as it was pointed out to me its far from finished anyway so im sure they will clean it up.. re the luas line ye i heard about that and should help the resale in a few years id imagine!!! id just like to hear back wether the apts in either developments are well built? sound proffing etc ...

If you run the search option in this forum only there are some previous threads which mention Carrigmore and The Belfry.

Hi Darrenstore,
A friend of mine bought an apartment in carrig court and they seem to be nice and well laid out. I don't really know much about the belfry but as there seems to be a few places for sale in carrigmore you may be able to bargain them down in the current market. Also kiltipper might be worth checking out also as would be close enough to family for you.

cheers de i think my mind is made up, a bargain in carrigmore is what im lookin at, saggart village reems like a nice spot rount the corner ;)

Everytime i decide on one i wake up the next mornin decided on the other, i think in the current climate we can afford to wait and get a bargain!!! due to view a pad in carrig tomo and holden out for it to be the business or i give up and il buy both and live between the 2 of them :confused:

Everytime i decide on one i wake up the next mornin decided on the other, i think in the current climate we can afford to wait and get a bargain!!! due to view a pad in carrig tomo and holden out for it to be the business or i give up and il buy both and live between the 2 of them :confused:

The purchase price may be less but the interest rate will be higher, so I'm not sure how much you will save in 'real' terms by waiting . Best of luck with decision :)

well sure its a big decision. Might not be much to choose between the two estates, when you find the right place you'll know it though!

Good stuff, thats exciting! There is definitely alot of bargaining power for FTB's in the maket at the mo.

Back