Carrickmines Manor

Im sorry but did people not get any sort or survey done on these apartments ? Any decent surveyor surely could of pointed out the PLYWOOD? roof !! Or are surveys not normally done on new-build apartments ?
I'm don't mean to be rude and I honestly feel for the people, especially if they did actually pay nearly 400k for a one-bed that is now very open-plan. God love them.

Im sorry but did people not get any sort or survey done on these apartments ?

During the recent craziness, people were queuing around the block to buy directly from little black and white drawings. I imagine that daring to ask what exactly they were was the last thing on their minds.

During the recent craziness, people were queuing around the block to buy directly from little black and white drawings. I imagine that daring to ask what exactly they were was the last thing on their minds.
I guess so . A friend of mine got caught too, bought a dog-box off the plans and when moved in couldnt believe the crappy quality of the build, can hear every move her neighbours make , paper thin walls . Yet paid crazy money .

Not at all surprised by this, I snagged one of the apartments in this complex a couple of years ago & found 60 major snags which the building contractor refused to fix. These snags were not small either, some were stuctural & some were a sheer breach of health & safety. Any of my enquiries were met by contempt by the contractors & I would never work with them again.
I would go on but i would be afraid that it would effect court cases that are in progress against this developer & development!!

last time i heard they were offering the apartments with free air-conditioning - so practical in the hot summers we get so frequently over here - now you don't need to worry about the global warming, sorted out!

Does anyone know the update - when can people move back in? I believe Apartments 1-28 are most effected and could be out of their apartments for 4 days - but any clue when the others can move back in?
Its shocking that the roof blew off when its basically brand new!
Had problems with snaglist from the beginning that were never attended to and had to get it sorted out at my own expense! Things like light switches not working, extractor fans not working (which were found to be in put backwards!), balcony railings broken (which they still are). Learnt very quickly that the Management company and builders couldn't care less!!!

I found similar & (alot) worse snags to this & reccomended that my clients not move in, they have been waiting over 3 years to get thier deposit back even though the contractor admitted liability

Hi Ben10, its so frustrating. Once you sign the contract they run away laughing.... even though they "promised" to fix all snags upon signing! How they get away with it is beyond me!
Then the management company want their fees and you feel like saying "for what" - they dont listen or even reply to your problems no matter how many phonecalls and letters you send.

Have heard quite mixed things about build quality of this and other developments off the old Glenamuck Road.

Not to use a cliche but it's not long ago at all that this area was all fields. The local landowners must have made a serious profit in the construction of these developments. Hope this profit was recompensed in the quality of the builds of the actual developments.

Back