Cargiant UK: What are they like to deal with?

paul24

Guys,

I was thinking of going over to Cargiant in the uk to purchase an Audi A4 1.9TDi

The prices are good even after you add "VRT :mad: " and the spec on the car is generally higher that over here.

Has anybody bought from them before and what are they like to deal with.
I know that most of the cars are ex fleet and have high mileage but a big diesel should last for a long time if it was well maintained.

Thanks,

Paul24

Re: Cargiant.

hi Paul,
my brother bought a car from there and i went with him to collect.
we were lucky in that we have relations nearby who were able to put on a deposit and hold the car and we went and collected the next day.
the place is hughe,if i was you and u have identified the specific car you want then ring and book a test drive this will at least secure the car until you get there,but i can't vouch it will
.my brother put a deposit on a car and when he got there spotted a slightly better car for a little less and they said to him that he couldn't see it as the keys were missing as somebody had it out for a test drive,we waited 5 hours for the keys to come back and they never did.he bought the one with the deposit on it and headed off.
the cars are not serviced ,just cleaned from what i could see and small thngs like punctures and lightbulbs changed,they say they check everything but i don't think so..
the price is the price on the windscreen.. no haggling.. we nearly got a thump just for asking. and no warranty..
it's literally a supermarket and we found some of the guys working there evasive.. get there early for a better choice and the test frive lasts approx 5 minutes.
the car he bought was good and had a high spec.even with the vrt it was just under what you would pay here but the extras made the deal ..
if you do ring them then be warned it's a call centre you are calling and a lot of the people n the phone are not familiar with the cars.
we brought cash and did ask if they would take a draft but they were vague,visa cards and debit card was a no no..
let me know if you want to know anymore.it does have a good cafe and is easy to get back on the road to Wales for the ferry

Does anyone have any other experiences with car super markets over in the UK.

I am also looking to go over and buy, and ideally would like to go to one place that has a good selection of cars, is a handy drive back to Hollyhead, and preferably accepts payment by visa. I have a toyota avensis in mind.

Paul

Back