Career change after Engineering

Pope John 11

A friend of mine has been made redundant recently.

He is a structural engineer, which is a very defined area of engineering.

Are there any courses out there that would give him a career change in direction since the construction industry has collapsed.

A friend of mine has been made redundant recently.

He is a structural engineer, which is a very defined area of engineering.

Are there any courses out there that would give him a career change in direction since the construction industry has collapsed.

Anyone, have any thoughts on the above

Yes.
Now if you want constructive answers you will have to post more information, like what he is interested in doing?

sorry to hear your friend was made redundant.
has he though of going into health and safety. if he qualified through IOSH or the relevant body. his engineering background will be an extra insentive to hire him and it might open new doors for him.

sorry to hear your friend was made redundant.
has he though of going into health and safety. if he qualified through IOSH or the relevant body. his engineering background will be an extra insentive to hire him and it might open new doors for him.

Many thanks for that Rigoletto.

Yes this is an option alright for him.

Any feedback from other engineers would be of help.

Is travelling an option. He has a mortgage too which makes it more difficult too, but he feels he could rent it out with pehaps family looking after it.

I hear Canada is looking for engineers, does anyone know about this as an option.

In other words what are the former construction sector doing now - Engineers, Architects, Labourers, contractors etc.

It would be good to get a few different views from this sector

Back