Carbon Trading

I

iffy

Totally new to this. Can anyone give me any background to carbon trading. Just had a guy onto me from an outfit in Singapore, sounding very nice and pausible but very far away - he is an adviser, not a broker but naturally works in tandem with a carbon trading broker. Would appreciate any insight on this.

Just noticed your post

Carbon trading is one of the biggest scams ever. It has the potential if and when the markets recover from their current mess to create the biggest ever stock market crash the world will ever experience and to think fools in government signed up to carbon trading as a way of mitigating "climate change" or what ever other unscientific term is used nowadays.

There are more and more scam being uncovered with the so-called "carbon trading" issue, here is but one but it is a common thread.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/jan/11/eu-carbon-trading-carousel-fraud

"Belgian prosecutors highlighted the massive losses faced by EU governments from VAT fraud today after they charged three Britons and a Dutchman with money-laundering following an investigation into a multimillion-pound scam involving carbon emissions permits."

And here

"
Anti-fraud investigators swoop on EU emissions traders

LEIGH PHILLIPS
03.05.2010 @ 17:32 CET
EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - Traders involved in Europe's flagship climate change programme, the Emissions Trading System - some of whom work at Germany's biggest banks and energy firms - were the focus of a series of raids and arrests by British and German prosecutors in part of a massive pan-European crackdown on CO2-credit VAT fraud."
"

same guy is on to me he is ringing from hong kong selling carbon credits not to sure what to do does sound a bit dodgy

Best thing to do is tread with caution!
Ask him for details on company back ground and clients/companies he has dealt with and who would recommend him and do a company search as well.
When ever I am unsure about something, trusty old google will come up with the bad comments as well as the good ones on companies.
One thing i would check out is if there is a company that does it in Ireland,UK or europe which would be a bit closer to home ands easier to research etc! :)

Back