Car warranty question

Thanks again Pat for the informative advice. I have started searching like you mention. Seems they are a lot of these power steering issues.

I have being speaking with the citizens information team and they explained my options if I fail to get this resolved.

They include submitting a claim to the original dealership using a form from consumerhelp.ie..if that fails I can contact SIMI..if that still does not get the matter resolved then I can go to the Small Claims Court.

Things are moving quickly and have changed a lot since yesterday so as usual will post back with an update.

I suggest respectfully you do not contact the SIMI whose only purpose is to protect the interests of their paid members (garages and car dealerships). They will try to lock you into a mediation process that will effectively block other avenues available to you now IMHO

I suggest respectfully you do not contact the SIMI whose only purpose is to protect the interests of their paid members (garages and car dealerships). They will try to lock you into a mediation process that will effectively block other avenues available to you now IMHO

Ok, appreciate that.

So this morning I am now being told that the increase from 50% to 70% goodwill makes no difference to my final bill of 800 euros. Got some excuse about parts and labour and how it is calculated so therefore when it was 50% goodwill the cost was 800euros and when Seat Irleand offered 70% the dealers are still saying 800 euros. Unbelievable.

Anyway at this stage I am going back to the garage where we bought the car and they can try to figure this out otherwise I am taking the advise of citizens information an lodging a formal complaint. If that fails it's for the Small Claims Court I reckon.

btw I researched the problem (Electric Power Steering failures and VAG (Volswagen Audi Group))have had lots of these types of issues.

Just an update on the progress of this.

Seat Ireland will pay 70% of the parts which means in total I am getting 50% of the total cost paid. I have to pay the remaining 50%.

The orginal garage where I bought the car have said it is nothing to do with them and I should be pushing Seat Ireland for more and taking a complaint against them. There is bad blood between the garage and Seat Ireland after Seat dropped them for not following their rules I am led to believe. Seat Ireland are not budging so I guess there is no more can be done except pay for the work and get our car back. Safe to say we wont be buying Seat again.

Have to say that is poor. I am looking at new cars at the moment and was planning on looking at Seat but not now. Feel free to direct them to this thread. My friend had a Volkswagen that broke down a month after warranty with a €2k fault. The dealer and manufacturer fixed it. There was resistance at first but when my friend pointed our he won't be upgrading and he will bad mouth Volkswagen until his dying breath, they came through.

For a new car to develop such a problem after two years is unacceptable unless you have driven it into the ground.

Thanks Sunny.

Did your friend also get covered for the labor costs.

Seat Ireland are only willing to pay 70% of parts leaving me to pay 300 euros. Plus an additonal 380euros for labor and 70 euros for diagnostics.

Warranty was up 11 days when we first reported the fault.

Thanks Sunny.

Did your friend also get covered for the labor costs.

Seat Ireland are only willing to pay 70% of parts leaving me to pay 300 euros. Plus an additonal 380euros for labor and 70 euros for diagnostics.

Warranty was up 11 days when we first reported the fault.

Yeah they covered all the cost. It's crazy. Legally you don't have many options but it is just really really poor customer service.

Back