Motor Car Theft - Insurance Payout

Daddy

Car was stolen recently - cut n dried case.

How long is normal for Insurance Company to pay out.

Do they normally take ages as I'm waiting 3 weeks now and paying for car hire while i wait.

Anyone have any experience.

three weeks would seem to be the max period you should be waiting if as you say cut and dried.

if there is any suspicion on insurers part, you might be waiting longer.

contact the insurer and ask what is causing the delay?

i work in motor insurance claims. its in our policies that we can take up to one month before settling theft claims. This is in to give some time in case the car is recovered and also to give time to carry out any necessary investigations. So three weeks dosent sound that long and 10 working days is not the norm for any insurance company for a theft claim. As Ravima has suggested just ask them why it has taken this long. It could simply be a case that they are busy and nobody has actually processed your claim yet

The company that I work for have a 21 day waiting period to allow for recovery. Typically the majority (if not all) of the paperwork can be resolved during this waiting period so that once this time is up, the insured can be settled straight away - chq should be with you within a week.

Thanks for replies.

I consider them very slow and I have told them so but i think they are waiting in case of recovery.

Back