car stolen - twice, broken into once.

T

Tristram

Hi,

I had my car stolen about 6 weeks ago. It was recovered and I claimed for the damage. A week or so later, it was broken into again in my drive, but I didn't claim for the broken back window. Now it has been stolen again (an hour ago). How does this affect my insurance situation when I claim again? Will my premium be sky-high, or is there legal protection in the case of car crime that has been duly reported to the gardai?

Tristram

depends on your insurer. some insurers allow thefts/attempted thefts and do not affect your NCB as a result.

having said that, others may think that you are are very theft prone and may restrict cover to TP only from next renewal date.

My friends had car robbed twice in a couple of months did not effect policy but they noted it ans said if there is a 3 rd time they might have to review it, not your fault car was robbed

Tristram said:
Hi,

I had my car stolen about 6 weeks ago. It was recovered and I claimed for the damage. A week or so later, it was broken into again in my drive, but I didn't claim for the broken back window. Now it has been stolen again (an hour ago). How does this affect my insurance situation when I claim again? Will my premium be sky-high, or is there legal protection in the case of car crime that has been duly reported to the gardai?

Tristram

Tristram, just out of curiosity what type of alarm did you have if any and what type of car was it?

Back