Car speakers

C

Corkie

Has anyone experienced the following:

The last 2 cars I've owned, the front left speaker has gone silent!! Sometimes intermitent sound, but most times silence.:confused:

My current car, a BMW 520, the problem seemed to occur in or around the time I had a phone car kit installed. The garage said the speaker was fine...it was the unit i.e. the CD/Radio was the issue---big bobs:rolleyes: ...this made no sense to me as the other 3 speakers (2 back and front right) are all OK.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreaciated as I love listening to music, (properly :cool: ), in the car

Are you sure your passenger shares your tastes, and isn't quietly kicking the speaker to death while you're not looking? :p

Does the car kit mute the stereo while on a call? If so the installed needed to connect a single wire into the harness connecting to the stereo. Pop out the stereo and take a look at the connections and make sure that the connection isn't loose. If you google the make and model of the stereo, including someting like 'din' and 'pinout' in the query, you should be able to find out which connector corresponds to the front left speaker.
Leo

Sometimes the obvious works change the fade and balance to get each speaker working on there own. The change both back to center / normal.

The fact that the speaker comes in and out sounds more like a loose connection. pull out the radio and if you can remove the speaker and see if you can spot anything.

Back