Car Rental Malaga Airport - Fuel Charges

csl

All

I am going to Malaga in a weeks time and booked a car the other evening. Booked a car for the week €102 plus free extra driver. Not a bad deal, I thought.
The fuel charges will push this up..at a minimum €50 - €150 per the website...carjet.co.uk.....you have to pay for a full tank on collection (at supposedly competitive prices) and leave the tank back full. Every other time I have rented a car it was half full and we returned it half full!! Anyone got any suggestions to car rental companies in Malaga airport that would give better value.

Thanks

I've used carjet for the last 6 years. They are just a broker who use a lot of car rental companies.

Usually if your rental is less than 4 days they'll ask you to pay for the petrol up front. You then bring it back empty.

If your rental is for a longer period you get the car with a full tank and must bring it back with a full tank.

Same - I have used them for several years. But the new policy with Malaga providers is that they no longer offer the option of returning the car with a full tank.

Usually if your rental is less than 4 days they'll ask you to pay for the petrol up front. You then bring it back empty.

If so this is a bad deal.. even when this offered at a supposedly discounted rate this is a bad deal because -

- They often have a somewhat generous estimate of the capacity of the tank so you're paying for more than you could actually fit into a tank
- It's very hard to use precisely a full tank (unless you can work out your fuel consumption incredibly closely so as you're returning the car with fumes in the tank!), especially on 4 days or less you may not do enough driving to actually use a full tank.

The best deal always is to get the car with a full tank and return it that way

If it's for a short stay it might be worth booking directly with one of the major car hire companies like Avis or Hertz - their rates might be a bit more expensive, but in my experience they generally do not force fuel purchase options (they may sometimes offer it but you can decline) - If you're going to be charged an extra €100 from car jet for fuel purchase that you will only half or less use then that may make Avis or Hertz direct cheaper.

I have used Autos Lido for the last five years and have never had any problems. The tank is full on collection and you fill it on return. I would advise to take fully comp insurance as i learned the hard way. I have a number for the car hire if you would like it.

Its for a weeks rental and they don't give the option of returning with a full tank.

LAR 1973 If you pm me the number for Auto Lidos that would be excellent.

Thanks for all your replies

LAR can you also pm me the number. I'm going over in 2 weeks time and was just about to book a car using carjet

Why not put it up for those who are searching in the future?

Google brings up [broken link removed] but there is no explicit mention of a " full / return full " fuel policy nor is there any mention of insurance. I use doyouspain if it's any use to anyone. On a few ocassions with them I have been offered a special of " full / return full " fuel policy but that is not always the case - I find their pricing very transparent though. My experience generally in Spain ,with different car rental co's. over the years, is that unless you are hiring for 3 days or less the fuel policy is you have to pay for a full tank when you collect the car and you return it empty. There is a very good reason for this - the car rental co's. make more money this way. .

Back