Car Rental in Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stronge

My son's friend is coming to Ireland for a week and they want to hire a car, where is the best/cheapest place to hire it, are there places in the city where you can rent or are you better doing it at the airport. Any info much appreciated.

You are probaly better doing it online in advance if you can.

You can rent a car through a few places. Europcar, budget, sixt and others. They all work out pretty much the same price to be fair. The biggest complaint I have about car rentals is that if you book online (also this is cheaper than booking over the phone) when you get there to collect the car you are also charged a pick up fee, extra insurance is needed and then a few other things thrown in for good luck. You might book a car assuming it to be €70 and it could easily be €140. It is something to be weary of. Also, budget car rental in drumcondra have the worst staff in the world. I have rented there a few times and they will literally give you verbal abuse for no reason, I feel bad for the tourists. I stopped renting cars from there as a result, even if the price was cheaper.

Definately is cheaper online. E-mail the company of choice before arrival and confirm the total costs. Depending on your son's age etc. this will make the difference with regard to cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back