Car park chargesin drogheda hospital

thombom

Hi guys hope someone can help me.
My wife is due our baby any day now and I'm a bit worried about the cost of parking. I was looking at the sign for it yesterday and it €20 for the max stay which is madness.This could cost me up to €100 depending on how long she has to stay in the hospital.

I was just wondering does anyone know of any cheaper parking close to the hospital.

i know in cork maternity they give the dads a pass for the week, its usually 1/2 the price of the regular car park so maybe ask them

In the Coombe, you get a pass for the first 24 hours which is a max €8. Check with the hospital.
You don't want to be putting pressure on her during labour if you're paying parking by the hour. ;)

If you have private health insurance, it's woth looking to see if they allow for costs like this. In my own policy (with Aviva) I was allowed claim for €40 when wife had baby earlier in the year.

There's a big car park close to the hospital. It's about a 5 minute walk but there's a courtesy bus. It's €3 for however long you park there.
It's opposite some sort of sports ground/field.

Edit: Look for the hospital on google maps. You can see the carpark on a road called Crosslanes opposite Drogheda Park.

2nd Edit: If your wife is in labour you will be allowed to park in the small car park in front of the door if there is space for a short time. Same when you're picking her up with the baby.

Also, bring food when you're visiting. The food in there is horrible and she'll be starving.

Thanks for the replys guys ill check out with the hospital if they do any deals.
Cahir that carpark isn't €3 any more its pay by every 2 hour my wife has been parking there when she was going for her checkups.

Thanks for the replys guys ill check out with the hospital if they do any deals.
Cahir that carpark isn't €3 any more its pay by every 2 hour my wife has been parking there when she was going for her checkups.

I didn't realise they'd changed it. That's ridiculous. Hopefully your wife goes into labour on a Sunday so you can park outside on the street for free.

There is a public car park on Trinity Street which costs €3 per day (Sundays free), but it's a bit of a walk (10-15 mins) to the hospital. You could drop your good lady at the hospital, park the car in the public car park and walk back up.

Back