car insurance while in UK


the rev

I am going to the UK to university for 8 months but will be home a few weekends.
Anyone know of any insurance companies that will cover me for such a long period in the UK.?
Most companies just offer cover for up to 90 days.

Or am I better off insuring in the UK?