Car insurance quote needed

p walsh

Hi,

returning from UK to Ireland, have tried a couple of brokers and not able to get a quote yet, reasons given were the type of car, and others said as I didn’t have 5 years no claims.

it’s a Porsche Cayenne and I only have 3 years no claim, it was reduced from 5 years as I had a claim made against me for an accident last year (£3k claim).

many advice as to who might insure me pls? Thanks

Hi,

Did you have previous driving experience in Ireland? It makes things somewhat easier.

Try Kennco or AIB (strangely!). They've both worked with underwriters to come up with products for people returning to Ireland.

Previous experience was 15 years ago, lived in UK since.

AIB refused as I didn’t have 5 years no claim, only 3 years. They also said the car was in the 40-50 category group.
Is there anywhere I can see full list of cars in each category?

it’s a Porsche Cayenne and I only have 3 years no claim, it was reduced from 5 years as I had a claim made against me for an accident last year (£3k claim).

Most insurers will look at your case as having zero years no-claims. These protected or step-back no-claims policies only apply to the current insurer, so be careful about how you phrase that. Does your current insurer operate here?

Back