Car insurance need help!

L

Lawrence

hiello guys, Last week I traded in my truck for a car, I figured that no only would I save on gas but I would save on insurance as well. My truck was a 2002 F150 4X4 and the car I got was a Mitsubishi Galant. Much to my surprise when I called the insurance company they told me it would cost more to insure! I guess they consider this car a luxury car! How much BS is that?? So Im planning to change my insurance company.. I have been surfing the net for good insurance, i came into http://www.insurancepaylite.com has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on this? or can anyone tell me a good insurance company to check out that may be cheaper or won't consider a Galant a luxury car? Thank you in advance.

Your truck would have been insured commercially with an excess of €635 whereas the car will have an excess of €190.

What's pushing up the price of the insurance is the cc of the engine(2 litre?). You don't say whether you have a full or provisional licence, your age, NCB etc. all of these things have a bearing on your insurance premium as well as where you live, (due to the large traffice volume in Dublin for example - insurance is more expensive as you are more likely to be involved in an accident.)

Sorry haven't heard of the crowd that you highlighted in your post - I use Allianz and have found them extremely reasonable - but then I have 5 yrs + NCB, full licence and drive a Yaris!!

Quinn are reasonable if you have no NCB or are a younger driver.

Considering that you drove a 'truck', use 'gas' in your car and that the link provided appears to be an American site - you will probably not get an answer here as this site answers queries on Irish financial issues.

Considering that you drove a 'truck', use 'gas' in your car and that the link provided appears to be an American site - you will probably not get an answer here as this site answers queries on Irish financial issues.

Ahh i see, Im from minnesota, i just thought if someone here does live in america, or have lived here, thanks for the suggestions anyawys, you care to your fellow forum members, more power guys!!! :)

Ahh i see, Im from minnesota, i just thought if someone here does live in america, or have lived here, thanks for the suggestions anyawys, you care to your fellow forum members, more power guys!!! :)

Lawrence if you post your original question on our radio station forum, www.radiogetswild.com we have lots of USA based members who might be able to help you out on your issue

Back