Car Insurance for qualified young drivers

Daddy Ireland

What would be a good choice cheapest cover available to a 22 year old male car owner coming up on 3 years no claims and on a full licence since August 2017. Currently with Boxymo who are reasonable but their Comprehensive Cover doesnt include breakdown assistance and you have to guess your annual kms and if you fall short your clobbered in having to purchase additional kms. Had to purchase 1,500 kms recently that cost €150.

You need to shop around, one of my family is 21, has a Fiesta, insures with Aviva and last premium was €1300 odd but he is with them since he was 18

My son is 20. His insurance is 1600 and he's has a 1 yrs no claims . His car is an 05 fiesta 1.4.

I've heard a few people in their early 20s saying 123go was the cheapest. They fit a device to the car to monitor driving.

You need to be careful about fitting this device - it does decrease the cost of insurance but if for any reason ( speeding etc) the company decide not to offer insurance for the next year you will have to answer YES to the question "were you ever refused insurance" when getting a quote from other companies. If the young person is a good careful driver and does not speed it might be ok.

Back