Car Insurance - Differential pricing

Not sure what you are driving or your driving record but that is an incredibly low quote for fully comp car insurance
 
Clean record, 142 Dacia Sandero 1.2L.
I've been getting fully comp (albeit not always with all bells and whistles) for in or around €300 for the past few years.
 
My cover isn't due for renewal until October 1st but thought I'd do a quick check to see what I might be facing this year and was pleasantly surprised to see that (at the moment, I realise that quotes are only guaranteed for c. 30 days) AIG direct are offering me comprehensive cover with bells and whistles (NCD insurance, home start/roadside assistance, driving other cars, no unilateral increase on excess, etc.) for €295 which is only a few quid higher than TPFT and not much above their minimum premium of €280 + 3.95% levy = €291. I'm already with AIG via GetSetGo but without some of the bells and whistles. If that sort of quote is still on offer next month I'll be going back to AIG direct.
I renewed today and got it for €307. I didn't bother increasing the voluntary excess to get it down to the minimum premium of €291 for the sake of €16. Cheaper than my renewal premium (with AIG) via GetSetGo of €355 with better cover (e.g. roadside assist, and some other bells and whistles that I didn't have via GetSetGo).
 
I renewed today my renewal quote with Allianz was €430 down €40 from last year. Checked away, only with Zurich, and paid €350. Marginally lower excess with the new policy. Pretty happy with that.
 
The quote was very competitive, 25% lower than last year and there seems to be a floor of around 300 eur for premiums. It's fully comp with full ncb protection and a high reputable insurer.
 
It's fully comp with full ncb protection and a high reputable insurer.
I got that for €307 with AIG, albeit obviously with my own underwriting criteria which are unlikely to be the same as yours. I always give it a couple of hours and shop around as widely as possible every year.
 
Yes that's a good price my car is a 2L engine and a few years younger so probably in line. It's insanely cheap for 1 year of fully comp insurance, IMHO. Few things in life seem value for money but car insurance is definitely one of them. Went for dinner with my wife and daughter last night. Not a high-end restaurant 1 starter, a few plates shared and 2 desserts and 1 beer / 1 n/a cocktail, 175euro!
 
Back
Top