Motor car insurance coverage query

daithi

I have a 3yr old car which has suffered a catastrophic engine failure which will cost 10k to repair/replace..the cause of the initial fault is unknown, but does seem to stem from the manufacturing process (so the internet tells me..). The car is 6 months out of warranty-have I any comeback as regards the massive bill? Could I get anything from
1. The dealer
2. The manufacturer
3. The insurance company
The car is a uk import and has a full service history and the insurance is fully comp.

thanks,

daithi

Is this a known fault..?, what make and model is it..?, if it is a known fault and subject to meeting servicing requirements and mileage recorded your dealer may get you a goodwill payment to assist you from the manufacturer so don't go heavy on the dealer too quickly.

You had the option to purchase an extended warranty at the end of the manufacturer warranty, I would be upset if this was not offered to you by the dealer especially if it is a known fault.

I see no way you can involve your insurance company.

You had the option to purchase an extended warranty at the end of the manufacturer warranty,

I'm not sure which make of car you are referring to, but in this country it is hard to get anything offered from manufacturers or dealers only plenty of grief and hasstle. If the problem is a noted problem and he has this in proof, well they should give it a try.

Forget about the Insurance -- they will laugh you out of the office.

Put down more information, and you may get a more exact answer.

motor insurance query

The car in question is a 2010 Mazda 6 2,2l td TS Sport. I had an issue about 5 wee ks ago with carbon build up in the sump,which I was told had been rectified. The oil pressure light came on yesterday and the engine became very rough,tractor sounding..I pulled in and got the car towed to a Mazda garage only to be told today that the engine needs to be rebuilt-a a leak in the fuel injection system caused air to get in thereby carbonising the oil, this in turn caused the sump to become rapidly blocked and no oil to get into the engine. The engine then seized up and the drive shaft has failed ...there had been numerous cases of fuel injection system failure documented in mazdas, the garage said it is not a problem associated with my driving, and would not be picked up unless you stripped the engine down,which they have done. my problem is now, who pays for any further work?...

daithi

Back