Car insurance: anyone else seeing a reduction?

Introuble83

I just got my quote from aviva, 320 last yr and 410 this yr, When I went online to get another quote, it wont give me a quote. Tried a few others same thing and then realised it is because my car is 2006 and therefore over 14 years old. I really dont understand this because if your car has a NCT, its roadworthy isnt it?
This is a widespread issue . Once the car hits north of 13 years the price increase significantly year on year . So replace the car or get use to ongoing increase

Pinoy adventure

Rang liberty about my renewal and within 3 mins the lady on the phone could drop my renewal by €65 euro.
Axa is still cheaper so will go with them.

biddy123

Update: When I checked the quote Aviva had given me, they hadnt included the loyalty discount. I didnt realise I hadnt given them my Irish driving licence no ( had a UK one until before Brexit) and got a discount for that too. Ended up with a quote of €280 fully comp. Happy with that

deanpark

14% reduction on last year's fully comp. Car is a 2007. It's still costly due a legacy crash (not my fault - the other driver) but going in the right direction. Back in 2018 I used to pay almost c.1300 and it's around half that now.

Ravima

14% reduction on last year's fully comp. Car is a 2007. It's still costly due a legacy crash (not my fault - the other driver) but going in the right direction. Back in 2018 I used to pay almost c.1300 and it's around half that now.
how is it costly if other lad at fault?

deanpark

Other driver on my policy @ fault. Wrote the car off and damaged others - thankfully they weren't occupied by drivers at the time. Not a lad - a female.